Tuesday, June 25, 2013

In The Beginning...

Back in February of this year, I began downloading, cleaning up & re-posting STORIES FROM THE BIBLE from BOYS' LIFE magazine.  At the time, I noted that, unlike most other comics versions (including the one with art by Andre LeBlanc), the BL series did not run in any sort of single, chronological sequence, but tended to jump around, or start over, a lot.

After 5 months of working on the project at my WAYBACK MACHINE blog, I was nearing the end of the massive project.  And it struck me... why not, once I was done, RE-post the episodes, only grouped together in "chronological" sequence (as far as "The Book" was concerned, rather than BL magazine)?  So I am!

And what better place to start than with the story of "The Creation".
As they say, "In the beginning..."  ENJOY!

VERSION 1
September 1952  /  art by CREIG FLESSEL
VERSION 2
January 1954  /  art by CREIG FLESSEL
February 1954  /  art by CREIG FLESSEL
VERSION 3
January 1957  /  art by IRVING NOVICK
February 1957  /  art by IRVING NOVICK
March 1957  /  art by IRVING NOVICK
VERSION 4
March 1963  /  art by IRVING NOVICK
April 1963  /  art by IRVING NOVICK
VERSION 5
June 1966  /  art by LOU FINE
July 1966  /  art by LOU FINE  (??)
August 1966  /  art by LOU FINE  (??)


(Continued in Part 2)

Copyright (C) BOY'S LIFE Magazine
Restorations by Henry Kujawa

Read the entire STORIES FROM THE BIBLE series from the beginning!

For More:
Read the Wikipedia page on Book Of Genesis
Read the Wikipedia page on The Garden Of Eden
Read the Wikipedia page on Adam and Eve

2 comments:

  1. Thank you SO much for doing all this work! I am ecstatic and am downloading them all! It's pity they're such low-resolution, but oh well. These are a treasure; I'm SO glad to find these available, as I never had the planning skills as a kid to collect them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! I ran across the BOYS' LIFE site by accident a couple years ago, and as soon as I could figure out how, began grabbing "SPACE CONQUERORS!" That and "STORIES FROM THE BIBLE" were my favorites during the year-and-a-half we had a subscription back in '68-'69. It's nearly-impossible to read any of this stuff at the BL site, but not here, once I got done processing everything.

    The "BIBLE" series was the 2nd one I tackled-- 60 years (so far) as opposed to 20 years of "SC". As soon as I got done, I decided to RE-post them all, in order by story. So now, you can read thru the entire series in 2 completely different ways, between here and my "Wayback Machine" blog. (I just added the latest year from their site-- to both blogs.)

    ReplyDelete